Sunday 14 September 2014

On the move.

 Another quick update , from not seeing any House Martins this morning  a large flock of 100 plus  along with 100 plus Swallow moved over the village at 2.30pm.
In my previous update I forgot to mention the week just gone. The big news is that just about everyone in the village has seen the Barn Owl that is hunting in the field next to the cottage, the only person not too  is of course yours truly. That would be number 85 for the patch this year ,so I am going to keep my eyes peeled.
The last week has been quite busy with calling Little and Tawny Owls on a nightly basis. I have still seen Blackcaps and Chiffchaffs in the hedgerows but very little else until today. Swallows and to a lesser extent House Martins have moved through .
The trickle of Meadow Pipits and Skylarks has continued but no great numbers yet although it is still early.
One more week at work and then I am off for a week ,so expect almost daily bulletins around that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment